Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 032 Vadim Gun Part 2 - Finishing the Model and Preparing for the High Res

S3 Week 032 Vadim Gun Part 2 - Finishing the Model and Preparing for the High Res

   So I'm not doing too bad on the schedule I set out to do. I've completed my model, and I've been working on holding the edges for the high res to bring into ZBrush. In Zbrush, I'll work on polishing the edges and adding alpha details for the bake. My goal for Week 2 was to at least get everything into Zbrush to have that ready to go. Alas, I'm a bit behind. But, I set those lofty goals for a reason. Heck, I gave all of Week 4 for UE4 implementation, so with that in mind I gave myself a week for catch up. Of course I don't want that, but it gives me some breathing room. In any case, this is where I'm at so far as of Sunday night, with the low poly completed -






I'll have an update tomorrow with the high res completed and ready to be pushed into ZBrush ^_^



UPDATE 05/28/19

   Whew. Okay so I've exported all SIXTEEN pieces of the gun to ZBrush for some polish and tweaked a thing here and there. I'll bounce back to Maya to make sure my low poly work fits snuggly with the high poly polish tweaks, and then once the UVs are all done, I'll be all set to go to move on over to Substance Painter for the bake and texturing.








   Fingers crossed I don't run into some major issues, but with this progress made, I'm back to a more comfortable place according to my schedule ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment