Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

DECLARATION! First Project of Semester 3

   I really liked this gun from concept artist Vadim Sverdlov, and the piece is clean and legible enough to which I think I'll be able to interpret it in a 3D space. I was very much drawn to the silhouette and subtle hints of organic influence. This will also be a bit more of a challenge, seeing as this is my only reference image and I'll have to smart in how I interpret the different parts of the gun. Also, the texture job is a measurable step up to what I've done so far. But I'm excited for the new project and can't wait to get started!





   The schedule I am planning for this project goes like this:

  • Week 1 - Low Poly
    • 90% completion of model in Maya. This means I'll have all of the pieces of the gun at least blocked out and modeled, save for some details to the pieces.
  • Week 2 - High Poly
    • Model should be complete, and I'll have a version where the edges are held, and the model is exported to ZBrush for fine details that will translate into the bake (If I'm really on top of it, I'll have the bake ready to go for the next phase in Substance Painter.)
  • Week 3 - Texturing
    • Finalize any detailing in ZBrush, and then move over to Substance Painter for the bake and then spend the week texturing  
  • Week 4 - Export to UE4/Marmoset and Render
    • Finalize texturing work and export maps for implementation into UE4 and optimize for game engine. Will also do a render in Marmoset to practice both methods. This week will also serve as a catch up week in case I fall behind in any of the other weeks

   In addition, here is the current reference board I have to aid me in my quest of making this super cool gun -



  And there we have it! Wish me luck ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment