Pages

Monday, February 11, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 021 Retopoing and Uving a Nerf Gun Part 3

Week 021 Retopoing and Uving a Nerf Gun Part 3

  This week's focus was getting all my high poly pieces and getting them back into Maya to being the process of retopoing a low poly version of the gun. Before getting there though, I merged most of the pieces of the gun to its main parts, rather than the 24 pieces I ended up with, I condensed them to 8. It made the process of retopoing a little bit longer, but it was worth the effort.





From there, it was just a matter of assigning each piece of the gun as its own material, combining the mesh, and exporting it as a single FBX into Substance Painter. Importing that in, I individually brought in each high poly FBX designated to each part of the gun, and baked the details onto the gun. With that completed, I'm all set to go for texturing.




No comments:

Post a Comment