Pages

Monday, February 18, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 022 Texturing and Exporting the Nerf Gun Part 4

Week 022 Texturing the Nerf Gun and Exporting to UE4 Part 4

   Onto the final stretch! This week was dedicated to texturing my gun and exporting to UE4. For my paint job, I stuck with tying the gun to my previous project's theme of Halo inspiration. My goal being that both could exist in the same universe, and that it had seen some action. And no one had given it a good cleaning in awhile hehehe. Along with some inspiration from Halo guns, I also looked at the griminess and edgewear implemented in Mass Effect guns, to give some battlewear. I think I spent more time on texturing then I should have, but it was a fun challenge in the end. Here was my end result -






Once I was happy with my textures, I exported the maps and set up a new project in UE4. It was a bit cumbersome to adjust the materials (once I'd set up the base material and then instances to control the different parts of the gun, and creating controllers to modify values such as value and roughness) as I tried to match the results I had in Substance Painter. It was tricky and a bit difficult to nail, but I tried my very best. After all my effort, it didn't come out too bad ^_^
Also, it was very exciting to make the glowy bits :D





Onto the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment