Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 030 Vehicle Part 4 - Getting the Normandy into UE4

S2 Week 030 Vehicle Part 4 - Getting the Normandy into UE4

   BEHOLD - THE FRUITS OF MY LABORS!





 I'm so incredibly happy with how this turned out. I wouldn't say this was the hardest project for me to date, but the challenge was still high, and I wanted to really push myself. My goal was to replicate this ship as best as I could, down to the shape and paint job. As I was getting ready to capture my beauty shots, a thought came to me that, the more I thought it over, the more I was convinced it was feasible. I'd done a space skybox before, in my second RPP in the first semester. Why not put the Normandy in space, and see what I could do?
   Lighting is still a struggle for me - in that it requires a lot of time and effort and tweaking. I made sure to set up my beauty shots before tackling my space idea, but once I was happy with that, the lighting setup served as a good base for my shots above. Speaking of beauty shots, here they are - 







   And voila! There goes another project completed. I very much plan on revisiting this piece after I've received feedback, because I would most definitely like to make this a portfolio peace.

See ya next project!


No comments:

Post a Comment