Pages

Monday, November 5, 2018

3D Class Week 011 - GameRes Model and UVs

GameRes Model and UVs


   This week the focus was on taking my super High Poly sculpt of the Deer and bringing it into Maya to "retopologize" to form a low poly model over top of it






The end result is to have a model of lower resolution and technically fidelity, but can be put into a game engine without someone chanting, "CHUG CHUG CHUG."





Once I had my Low Poly Deer all set to go, I went over into Substance Painter and imported my newly crafted LP Deer, and then baked the sculpting details using my High Poly as the base for the beginnings of my texturing process. Then I threw on a base color and added a little oomph to the Ambient Occlusion to pop the shadow information existing in the model



No comments:

Post a Comment