Pages

Monday, November 19, 2018

3D Class Week 013 Creating An Environment Part 01 References, Proxies, and a Rock Set

Creating An Environment Part 01 References, Proxies, and a Rock Set

  Kicking off a new project, we've been tasked with creating an environment, with it's main focus being a hero asset tree. We began with gathering our reference images, and I was drawn to the concept of doing a Japanese cherry blossom tree. Not long in my search of references, I was greatly inspired by a the image in the lower left of my reference sheet. Using that, I gathered additional images to aid me in crafting my vision




From there, I went into Maya and roughed out a proxy, laying out the larger forms in the scene




I exported the assets to ZBrush, where I then made a more refined pass at the scene I want to create








Finally, we were tasked with creating a rock set for our scene. Since I'd like my terrain to emulate cool-over lava, I made some lava rocks, as shown in my reference sheet, specifically on the top left


No comments:

Post a Comment