Pages

Monday, April 1, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 026 Texturing and Exporting to UE4 for Organic Sculpt Part 4

S2 Week 026 Texturing and Exporting to UE4 for Organic Sculpt Part 4


   Onto the final stretch, I made corrections to my mesh and redid the bake for the sculpt to kick off the texturing process. This has been the most complicated paint job I've done to date; having to really break down the work that the original artist Jordu Schell did, and determine the layers he laid down. I tried to emulate the details he had on his sculpt, and honestly it was a fun and exciting challenge. Over the course of two days, I took one to lay down the base colors and preliminary washes, and on the second day, I spent 6 straight hours laying down details. Looking back, I'm simply at awe at the amount of work this task required. Without further ado, this is the paint job I accomplished.






   From here, I exported my textures and started up UE4, bring over my mesh and textures. I created the material with controls and then a material instance to tweak the roughness and color values. Once I was content with the material adjustments, I set up a three point light system, all the while testing out a new backdrop setting. As usual, lighting my subject was a painfully arduous task, but a necessary evil to tackle. And with that, here are the final renders of my sculpt in UE4.






(Original Sculpt Reference - Artist Jordu Schell)


All in all, I learned so much from this project. And surprisingly, no crazy issues of note this time around. Maybe I'm finally getting the hang of this art business then ;)
Onto the next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment