Pages

Monday, April 15, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 028 Vehicle Part 2 - Modeling the Normandy and setting up the High Res

S2 Week 028 Vehicle Part 2 - Modeling the Normandy and setting up the High Res

  This week I focused on finalizing finer details that exist on the ship, such as the little top fin in the front, and the center groove that runs around the entire ship. I cleaned up what I could, but there came a certain time where I needed to give myself time to set up for exporting the pieces to ZBrush for polish. It was then I went to town with edge loops and the multicut tool. Once I was able to switch to smooth mesh preview and back to normal preview without a great surface change, I worked on exporting each piece and importing to ZBrush. When everything was assembled into a project, I got to work adding polish and touch up to get smooth and clean surfaces.







  With polish done, I'd like to loop back to the low poly and retopo those engines really quick (heheheh, I too know the absurdity of that feat), to get the poly count down some. Currently each engine is broken up into three parts, so it's possible I could get it down some, because I don't think 44k is going to cut it. With that in mind, I have all the pieces just about ready to go into Substance Painter for the bake and texture job.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment