Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

3D Class S2 Week 027 Vehicle Part 1 - Modeling the Normandy SR-2

S2 Week 027 Vehicle Part 1 - Modeling the Normandy SR-2

   For our final project for the semester, what better way to end off the semester than modeling a neato space ship from one of my favorite video game franchises? For this project I have chosen the Normandy SR-2, which (spoilers) has been an incredible challenge. I'm actually not too hung up on the conflicting resources I've come to gather, be it concept art, fan recreations or actual in-game stills. You may be asking yourself, "But Sam, just get images from the games. No biggie." And to that I agree, but getting really good images of all angles of the ship is hard to come by. So with my accrued pool of references, I've been doing my best to remain faithful to the actual ship, while keeping in mine that I'd like to give this near decade old ship a fresh coat of paint. (Yes, yes I know the original Mass Effect came out in 2007, but that Normandy was the SR-1, which is a smaller ship of a slightly different design. The SR-2 was introduced in Mass Effect 2, which released in 2010.) *someone in the distance* NEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD! 




  I tried to get as much done as I could this past week, and besides some small details and a good pass at clean up, I think I got the bulk of it done. Here's the progress I made -






Next week the high and low poly should be complete! 

No comments:

Post a Comment