Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 034 Vadim Gun Part 4 - Texturing and Rendering the Game Res for the Vadim Gun

S3 Week 034 Vadim Gun Part 4 - Texturing and Rendering the Game Res for the Vadim Gun

   WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
   It certainly was a long week, but I'm happy and proud to have tackled my hardest project yet. It tested me formidably in my modeling and texturing skills, and I'm proud to say that I think I overcame the challenge. Not only was this a complex model, but I only had the one reference image of this super fictional gun, and really could only frankenstein match a handful of things in real life. Though it kept me on my toes and constantly skating by the skin of my teeth, in the end it was really a lot of fun.
   Without further preamble, here's the result of my texture job in Substance Painter --







   Another challenge, albeit a bit smaller and significantly easier to manage, for this project I utilized Marmoset Toolbag 3 for my game res renders. Though I value the practice of exporting to UE4 to better familiarize myself with the engine, Marmoset took waaaaaaaaaay less time to set up and crank out some great renders.
   In a fraction of the time, I was able to produce this for my final results --









Wahoo! Until next time ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment