Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 037 Kartika Dagger Part 3 - Gold Texture and High Poly Box and Texture

S3 Week 037 Kartika Dagger Part 3 - Gold Texture and High Poly Box and Texture

   Whew! I've got a bunch to talk about this status update!
   This week I focused on creating the tilable Gold texture. As with the Silver texture, there was some back and forth tweaking to get the texture right, but thanks to the both Substance programs and their painless pipeline, I managed to get it where I wanted it. I wanted to contrast the Silver texture quite a bit, rather than just have an arguably clean metal with a color swap. So to differentiate the two, the gold texture has some distinct roughness and wear, and even some weird green tarnish I've drew from in my references. As such, here's what I ended up with --







   Once that was squared away, I moved over to sculpting detail for the high poly of the dagger's box. Since the dimensions of the box I was referencing was significantly different from my own, I adapted the details as best I could. Primarily referring to the top of the box. Still, I don't think it turned out too bad :)




   Exporting that out, and readying the low poly version as well, I moved over to Substance Painter to get the bake done and texture what I could. I pretty much finished, but I still want to tweak some things. Overall, I'm right where I want to be in terms of my schedule. I even got started on my final tilable texture! (#Spoilers)





   Taking advantage of the time I had (let's be honest -- I'm a crazy person and I literally do not know how to take breaks) I started setting up my renders and doing some test shots in Marmoset. I'm still learning the interface and implementing techniques, but the test renders came out pretty decent. I just need to practice lighting more.







   Thus, the end of my progress for Part 3 of this project. See ya next week for the grand finale! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment