Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 036 Kartika Dagger Part 2 - Silver Texture and Low Poly Box

S3 Week 036 Kartika Dagger Part 2 - Silver Texture and Low Poly Box

   So I got a bunch done this week, all thanks to the power of Substance Designer. But before I get to that, first off, I finished sculpting the detail to the kartika, and then switched back over to Maya to make sure the Low Poly fit with the sculpt. With that taken care of, I hopped over to Substance Painter to test the bake. Once that was squared away, I then went over to Substance Designer to start creating the tilable Silver Metal texture.






   Sure, I could have created a silver metal texture job in Substance Painter, but with my added challenge of incorporating Substance Designer for my research assignment, I was very happy with the result. With an easy pipeline established between the sibling programs, I imported over the texture maps to the silver metal to SP, and created a smart material to slap on as the base to my dagger. From there, I went in and added in custom details and hand painted touches. Here's the completed texture :)







   Switching gears, I decided to create a box to hold the kartika dagger in. I updated my reference board to reflect what I've made so far here --






   And there we have it! I'll see ya next week with the gold texture for the kartika, and, fingers-crossed, the box texture complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment