Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 039 SR-71 Blackbird - Modeling the Low Poly

S3 Week 039 SR-71 Blackbird - Modeling the Low Poly

   So to kick off this project, I decided to use the Curve tool to get the shapes I wanted. The first thing I noticed about the reference was that the Blackbird is a super sleek plane, and the traditional method of modeling was going to be a more frustrating version of tedious. Though using curves is tedious as well, the results are really clean and very good at achieving low poly numbers. I still have a bit to do, but the bulk of the work will be done in Maya, with just a couple things done in ZBrush. I still have to do the wheels, the cockpit, and some smaller details, but all in all I'm in a comfortable place. Here's what I have so far --







Next week the low and high poly should be done, and ready for texturing!

No comments:

Post a Comment