Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2019

3D Class S3 Week 040 SR-71 Blackbird - Finishing the Low and High Poly

S3 Week 040 SR-71 Blackbird - Finishing the Low and High Poly

   Since this project is a bit shorter, I really had to up my ante and push to complete the model this week. I almost got there; I just have to look over the geo, check the high poly compatibility, and UV before heading over to Substance Painter for the texture. That being said, I was happy that I was able to get a decent interpretation of the wheels. And let me tell you, it was not easy. Figuring out where and how the hell the SR-71 Blackbird hides it's wheels inside it's belly--it was mind boggling. At least in terms of how the orthographic references showed it. For such a sleek plane, it certainly does not waste space. Anyways, here's the low poly completed!*



*Still need to do final check on geo



   After the low poly was completed, I worked to hold edges, convert smooth preview mesh to polygons, and export over to ZBrush for some polish and small fixes. Overall, not bad of a result







   Woo! Super excited to texture this bad boi XD

No comments:

Post a Comment