Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2019

DECLARATION! Second Project of Semester 3

  For the final project of the semester, I've chosen the SR-71 Blackbird. I wanted to pick something that exists in real life, but was still pretty cool and interesting to model. Since I did the Normandy last semester and really enjoyed that, I gravitated towards doing a ship again. Deferring to my father, essentially an expert on all things metallic that flies in the sky, I asked him to pick out a plane, and he chose his favorite one for me to work on. So for the next three weeks, I'll be working to replicate this pretty bird as closely as I can.


   Breakdown of the project will go like this --

  • Week 1 - Low Poly block out
    • Block out as much as I can, getting in the major forms and the rough form of what will ultimately be the low poly
  • Week 2 - Finish Low Poly and High Poly
    • Finish modeling the low poly, and export to ZBrush for details that will be baked and overall polish to edges. Push back to Maya to confirm low poly compatibility
  • Week 3 - Texture and Final Renders
    • Export to Substance Painter for bake, and texture. Export to Marmoset for final renders


Here is my reference board for the Blackbird


Gonna try and finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment